Office Rental Prices Malta
Office Rental Prices Malta. You have to keep in mind that when you rent office in Malta, the rates for office spaces vary year in year out. There is quite a big demand for quality offices in Malta so there are new offices being built every day. Since there is such a high demand the prices are ever increasing. When choosing an office the most important mix is that of finding a good quality office for your employees to work in, a good location and a good welcoming entrance if you are receiving clients.
Size (sqm = square meter)
- Typical Managing Director/Chairman/Director’s/Executive’s Office
24 to 36 sq.m.
- General office Space
Clerical or call center 10 to 14 sq. m.
- Open Plan Offices
Workstations with computer core, credenza, pedestal, acoustic screens, etc 8 sq.m
- Boardrooms & Meeting Rooms
Seating 10 – 14 people 25 – 39 sq.m.
Small seating 2-4 people 13 sq. m. Medium seating 6-8 people 18 sq.m.
- Server Room / Stationary Room / File Room
fax, photocopier etc 8-12 sq.m. (depending on usage)
- Reception Area
18 to 26 sq.m , receptionist and 2- 4 people or receptionist and 6- 8 people 26 – 36 sq.m
- Lunch Rooms/ Canteen areas
10 – 30 sq .m depending on usage not including kitchen. Kitchen should be 6 – 12 sq m
- Common Areas
Stairwells, fire escapes, bathrooms etc. 10% to 20 % of the total usable area
As regards location this depends mostly if your employees will be Maltese national or foreign employees. Location will affect the pricing of the offices. For example if you want to rent office Sliema it would be more costly than renting office space in Msida. The price for office space is calculated in € per sqm yearly. Here are some approximate figures which you can work on. Price would also vary according to finish. Please note that most of the offices are rented unfurnished.
Office Prices By Area
- Central areas such as Mriehel & Naxxar – €150-200/sqm/yearly.
- North East such as Sliema & St Julians – €250-500/sqm/yearly.
- Harbor Area such as Valletta & Floriana – €175-300/sqm/yearly.
- West & South such as Qormi & Luqa – €120-150/sqm/yearly.
- North Area such as Bugibba & Mellieha – €100-130/sqm/yearly.
For a more complex office space calculator in Malta go here.